I think I can speak for every child when I say that there is nothing that feels as free to a kid as having their own go-kart to ride around on!
However, if you’re like me, the number of go-karts available can get very overwhelming. How do you choose a go-kart from the long list out there?
This can get even more overwhelming when you head on to the internet and read the customer reviews section on these go-karts! When I did this, I was so overwhelmed with information that I closed my laptop almost immediately and never actually got around to ordering one!
If this sounds familiar to you, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve done all of the research for you, so you have nothing to worry about. Simply read this article for a run-through of the top 10 best go-karts for 10-year-olds! Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Best Go Karts For 10 Year Olds
Below, we have collected a list of the 10 best go-karts for 10-year-olds that will be perfect for your kids! Each has been carefully selected to meet certain criteria to help you find the best match for your family!
1. Nerf Battle Racer Pedal Go Kart
This is a great brand, and this go-kart will certainly not disappoint! It is suitable for kids from 4 and above, so it will work very well for your 10-year-old!
This go-kart is pedal-powered, giving your kids complete control over the speed of the kart.
It is a very safe go-kart that contains many great features. Your kids will have hours of fun with this great product!
- A very safe product
- Completely pedal powered!
- Bulky product
- Placeholders for Nerf blasters, brackets & darts sturdy tubular steel frame
- Nerf orange ball bearing mounted rims with low-profile tires sporty 3 point steering wheel for responsive, quick steering
- Speed can be kept in-check with the easy-to-use handbrake race-styled pedals
- Holds up to 120 pounds
- Blasters and darts not included.
2. TOBBI 24V Electric Drifting Go Kart for Kids
This electric go-kart will get your kids’ hearts racing! It is very powerful without compromising on safety! It is equipped with a sturdy steel frame that will keep your kids safe and it also comes with an adjustable seatbelt. You can purchase an additional helmet or protection suit alongside the go-kart.
This product also comes with a key start, making it easy for your kids to use! Your kids are bound to love the driving experience that comes complete with a horn, music, and a power display.
- Easy for kids to operate
- Lots of important safety features!
- A helmet is not included in the price
3. Aosom Kids Pedal Powered Ride-On Go Kart
This product is suitable for kids between the ages of 5 and 12, so they will be able to enjoy this product for years! It is completely pedal-powered, meaning it requires no batteries or electricity for it to operate!
The Aosom go-kart is geared, making it great practice for the real thing and your kids will be able to move forward or reverse freely.
For safety, the product also includes a handbrake and features anti-slip wheels. With this product, you can be sure that your child’s safety is at the forefront of the design!
- Lots of great safety features included
- Quite a bulky product
- AS FAST AS YOU CAN: Combining entertainment with exercise, this go-kart for kids 5-12 years old is pedal powered and requires no batteries or electricity to operate.
- GEARED, JUST LIKE THE REAL THING: Our kids go kart can move in both forward or reverse directions and features a safety handbrake that securely controls the cart the for a safe, controlled stop.
- WHEELS TO TAKE YOU ANYWHERE: Anti-slip wheels allow this kart to operate smoothly on virtually any type of surface from grass to gravel.
- SAFETY AND EASE A CHIEF CONCERN: The chain of our pedal go kart is fully enclosed with a chain guard to ensure that it is safely concealed and out of the way.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The adjustable bucket seat with high back on this pedal toy provides great support and can fit better your kids'body for comfortable driving. Note: Need to remove screws and reinstall
4. Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart
This is a great go-kart that will ensure that your child is very comfortable while riding. It comes with an adjustable bucket seat to accommodate multiple different heights.
It is a great pedal-powered kart that has race-style pedals to allow for narrow maneuvering and 3-point steering! It also has an 8-ball style break for safety.
- Adjustable seat for multiple heights
- Helmet and other safety equipment not included in the price
- Sporty 3 point steering for responsive, quick maneuvering
- Adjustable bucket seat will accommodate multiple heights
- Large 12" Rims with Race-styled pedals & 8 ball style brake
- Frame - steel tube plus deluxe plastic fairing with graphics
- Assembled Product Dimensions: 47. 6"L x 21. 9"W x 28. 3"
5. Hoverboard Seat Attachment Go-Kart
This is a great gift idea for any go-kart-loving kid! If your child already has a hoverboard, this attachment allows you to turn this hoverboard into a go-kart. It is much safer and more stable than standing on a hoverboard.
This seat is also made of a heavy-duty material that is sturdy and very safe! It will allow you to ride on lots of different terrains including roads, grass, and pavements!
- Made from safe materials
- Suitable for any age
- Difficult to get used to
- 【SAFE & COMFORTABLE】- Use our seat attachment to transform your hoverboard into a go-kart. Kids can comfortably sit on the hoverboard instead of standing on it, which is more stable and safer. No more worries about kids falling down and getting injured. Made in comfortable shape, the thickened, reinforced seat bears 200lbs weight, big enough for kids and adults.
- 【STURDY ADJUSTABLE FRAME】- Made of heavy duty metal material and well welded, the frame can bear 242 lbs weight. There are 8 holes on the frame to provide different lengths. By rotating knob, the hoverboard seat attachment can be adjust from 26” to 34.5” length, suitable for any ages and any heights. The sturdy structure allows riders to drive on various terrains like pavements, road and grass.
- 【EASY TO STEER】- Armed with two soft foam-covered handlebars, the go-kart is easy for kids to learn and steer. The 360°front drifting wheel helps riders freely change directions ,while rear wheel drive allows quick turns and reverse driving. Kids can accelerate, brake and turn as they wish.
- 【SIMPLE ASSEMBLY & COMPATIBILITY】- After only 10-15 minutes assembly, kids can enjoy the exciting go-kart of their own. With stronger straps, the seat attachment can be firmly fixed on your hoverboards.The Rubber mats on the straps ensure your hoverboards don’t get scratched. Our hoverboard go-kart fits most 6.5”, 8” and 10” hoverboards but doesn’t fit hoverboards with a bar in the middle. Please make sure SCREWS ARE PROPERLY TIGHTENED.
- 【GIFT IDEA】- Riding a hoverboard go-kart is a healthy sport for kids and adults. By driving hoverboard go-karts with friends, kids will gain confidence, improve coordination and strengthen friendships. Adults also can enjoy it. Get away from any TV and digital games, take a hoverboard go-kart outside to have fun with your kids, family and friends. You will definitely be amazed at its charm!【hoverboard not included】
6. Hot Wheels Roller Racer Go Kart
This is a great go-kart that will take your kids on a smooth ride! It is pedal-powered, meaning it doesn’t need any motor or batteries.
This product also comes with an extendable bar, meaning that one size fits all. Your kids will be able to enjoy this product for many years as it is suitable for kids between the ages of 4 and 14!
- Pedal-powered so doesn’t need any motor or batteries!
- Smaller than some of the other go-karts on the market
- Hot Wheels Go Kart! Just push the pedals from side to side for a smooth ride!
- Heavy duty grips for hands and feet!
- Kid Powered! No motor! No batteries!
- Rides on any hard surface indoors or outdoors
- One Size Fits All with extendable Bar Up to 154 lbs
7. Huffy Green Machine Vortex Battery Powered Ride On
This is a great go-kart that has four perfectly placed wheels to keep your kids balanced! It is battery-powered, and it will last for 30 minutes before it needs to be recharged!
- Great design with strategically placed wheels!
- Runs out after 30 minutes of running time
- Four strategically placed wheels keep the rider balanced during spins and turns
- Tilting and turning are encouraged on the Green Machine Vortex
- Experience freedom to maneuver any way you wish; the Green Machine does what other battery powered ride ons can't
- Enjoy 30 minutes of play time - charger included; maximum speed of 8mph
- Sit comfortably in the bucket seat while you spin into action - ideal for ages 8+
8. Razor Ground Force Drifter Kart
This is a great product that is very durable and contains a very powerful variable speed. It also has a hand-operated rear brake, making it very safe for the kids!
This is a battery-powered go-kart, and your kids will have so much fun with it!
- Durable design
- Can only be used on flat surfaces
- Recommended to use only on flat surfaces | Race-tuned chassis and super-slick rear wheels for serious neighborhood drifting
- Age range – 8+ | Weight limit – 140 lbs. | Battery – 24V (Two 12V), sealed lead acid, rechargeable | Battery life – Up to 40 minutes | Max speed – 12 mph | Some assembly required
- Durable steel frame, molded aluminum wheels, and 4-1/2-inch tires
- Features a powerful variable-speed, chain-driven motor, thumb-trigger acceleration control
- Hand-operated rear brake
9. Hover-1 Falcon-1
This is a great go-kart that has different maximum speeds and ranges based on the weight of the rider and the battery level! This means that your 10-year-old will love it as it will be the perfect speed for their riding style and weight!
- Varied speeds depend on certain factors
- Heavy compared to similar designs
- Product Note: Max speed and range per charge vary based on several factors, including: rider weight, riding surface, incline, ambient temperature, battery level, riding style (stop/start vs cruising), etc.
10. Razor Dune Buggy
This is a great go-kart that has a very powerful motor, meaning your kids can travel up to 9 mph on this fun toy! It has a battery life of 40 minutes so your kids can make the most of all the fun!
It is a durable product that will put your child’s safety first. They will absolutely love this go-kart!
- Powerful motor for speeds up to 9 mph
- The battery runs out after 40 minutes of use
- Compact kids dune buggy with powerful 350-watt electric motor. Reaches speeds of up to 9 mph.
- Assembled Dimensions: 41 inch x 26.5 inch x 17.5 inch
- 8-inch knobby pneumatic tires. Hand throttle and brake controls.
- Supports up to 120 pounds driver weight. For ages 8 and older.
- Requires no fuel to run. Battery life up to 40 mins.
So, if you’re looking for the best Go-Kart for a 10-year-old, there are a few features that you should look out for! Below, I have compiled a list of the most important features to consider if you want to find the best go-kart for your 10-year-old! While some of these things are indispensable, other features are not as important.
The age of the kids is an essential thing to consider when you purchase a go-kart. In this article, I have only listed go-karts that are suitable for 10-year-olds, so you won’t have an issue on this page if you are looking for a kart for this age range.
Some go-karts can be suitable for kids between certain ages, so consider whether your child is bigger or smaller than the average child of their age to match the ages well. If a go-kart is recommended for kids between 5 and 10 years of age, and your child is small for a 5-year-old, you may want to consider getting a smaller one.
Another thing to consider when you are looking to purchase a go-kart is your budget. There are lots of pricey go-karts out there and some that are much cheaper! Choose the kart that best suits your budget, ensuring that you are still getting everything you need from the kart.
It is very important to consider the quality of the go-kart before you purchase it. As you are going to let your child ride the go-kart, you should ensure that it is safe and of high quality before you buy it.
A quality go-kart will last a very long time before it needs to be replaced so in the long run you will get more for your money!
You should also consider the brand of the product that you are purchasing. While branded products can be more expensive, they are likely to have better durability and be of a higher quality.
Products purchased from well-known brands are also likely to have good customer service, so if you need any help with the products or are unhappy with them, you will have an opportunity to get support.
So, there you have it! If you were struggling to choose the best go-kart for your 10-year-old, you should now have all the information you need to make an informed purchase!
While the decision can be overwhelming, I have compiled a useful list of the top products for you to choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Pedal-Powered Or Electric Go-Karts Better?
The two are very different, and it will depend on which one your child would prefer. They are very different prices, too, so consider this when you are choosing between the two!
Are Go-Karts Safe?
All of the go-karts on this list have many different safety features to ensure that your child is safe and well while they are on the kart. Always keep an eye on your child when they are riding a go-kart and ensure that they are using it safely.